The journey


My subjects were a married, middle-aged couple, with two adult children. They danced to my tune, for my pleasure. Their lives changed and they were changed. This particular journey ended in the middle of August 2011.

I may chronicle another journey or regale you with my considerable wisdom but, for now at least, it is journey's end.

Sunday 14 August 2011

Journey's end

Every journey comes to an end. I sense that it is the right time to end this one, publicly at least. There are some loose ends but tying them is unlikely to warrant regular posts. I may post occasionally, to let you know what happens to Emily, Kim and, perhaps, even John. I may get the urge to write and tell you about some other toys that I have played with in the past. Or maybe I will decide to chronicle a new journey, or just disappear back into the ether.  To be frank, I have no idea. A week ahead is, for me, what constitutes long-term planning.

So what of the loose ends? Emily has started her new career. She is getting used to the idea that mature men will pay her handsomely for the sort of cruelty that previously got her into so much trouble. Also, being aware of what happened between Kim and John, she has been trying to convince her mother to quit nursing and join 'the business'. Emily has already sounded out a couple of clients about what they might pay for a mother and daughter team; one that can be validated through DNA tests! The answer is: a lot!

I am undecided what to do with Kim. I know that I could destroy her life if I so chose. But to be perfectly honest, I am rather proud my role in helping her to escape the chrysalis of her marriage. This rankles with me because it smacks of weakness or, worse still, feelings. This, in turn, creates a very strong urge within me to snuff out her flickering flame of hope, simply to show that I am not weakening. Or I could just walk away from both mother and daughter. Maybe I'll decide tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous14:26

    Being proud of helping someone?

    What a lovely little story this has become with a beginning, middle and end and the bad guy taking all these unhappy people and changing their lives for the better.

    Even John got his deepest desire and liberation from a family he was raising that wasn't his. If he would simply man up he could lead a brand new life instead of the crippling drinking and playing with himself at nights he had before.

    What of Michael though? He seems to have slipped from your story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous20:08

    I shall be at a loss without your enticing tricks and adventures to read about.
    Perhaps I'll just have to go out and find my own toys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I've some reading left here still. I've been absent for the past two weeks and haven't been able to follow the story unfold.

    I'm pleased to hear you may be filling us in on the loose ends and maybe also how things go in the future for your subjects. I hate loose ends. When I take an interest in a story line - especially one that takes place in reality - every detail matters.

    Let's see if you don't find yourself drawn irresistibly to undertake another journey. Human Toys are plentiful, and their power of attraction is all around us!... '^L^,

    ReplyDelete