The journey


My subjects were a married, middle-aged couple, with two adult children. They danced to my tune, for my pleasure. Their lives changed and they were changed. This particular journey ended in the middle of August 2011.

I may chronicle another journey or regale you with my considerable wisdom but, for now at least, it is journey's end.

Sunday 26 June 2011

One door closes

It turns out that John's work is taking him offshore, onto an oil rig, for the coming week. He is flying to Stavanger today. This has scuppered my plan for the coming week. John, and his integration into my relationship with Kim, was going to be my main focus.

But change brings opportunity. I was going to make myself less available to Kim in the coming week; this is pretty standard practice to make someone want you more. The opportunity presented, however, is such that I am going to take the risk of seeing a lot of her, with a view to intensifying the relationship and accelerating her development.

Also, I understand that their son is home from university and may be around for some of next week. I am keen to meet him, so it would be an added bonus if I can manage to bump into him a couple of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment