The journey


My subjects were a married, middle-aged couple, with two adult children. They danced to my tune, for my pleasure. Their lives changed and they were changed. This particular journey ended in the middle of August 2011.

I may chronicle another journey or regale you with my considerable wisdom but, for now at least, it is journey's end.

Tuesday 28 June 2011

The truth can be trite

Expressing disappointment is a very effective tool for correcting errant behaviour. If the subject genuinely wants to please, disappointment is much more effective than, say, physical punishment. The reason should be obvious. Disappointment happens inside the subject's head. It lingers, festers, grows and shames. School teachers try to use disappointment but are generally unsuccessful because their subjects don't really want to please; the expression of disappointment leads to embarrassment not action. But to hear that one has disappointed a newly found love, who has awakened the subject from a slumber, is powerful stuff.

So, yesterday, evening when Kim opened the door, I expressed disappointment that she was wearing casual clothes, not dressed as a slut or even a high-class whore. The tone I use in these type of situations is, I think, important. In the past, I have described it as 'theatrical' or fake' but I am not sure that quite captures the spirit of it? I try to express the disappointment is a light-hearted way. The point is serious and is still made but it isn't like a dagger that deflates the subject. It stabs the conscience nit the heart.

Kim said she was sorry and that it had been a long and trying day. I said that if she wasn't in the mood to meet then it might be best that I if  come back another day. I took care not to make this sound like a fit of pique. I adopted at tone of care and concern. Kim demurred but I saw this as an opportunity to correct any misconception about my ready availability. I leaned forward and kissed her gently. I told her not to worry and get a good night's sleep. Then I departed, leaving her to ponder.

After I left, she called me a couple of times. When I didn't answer she started sending texts, saying how much she wanted me. Then she started to send me pictures of herself dressed in slut-wear. These got more and more explicit. I can only assume that the camera on her mobile 'phone has a timer function because both or her hands seemed to be very busy in the pictures. Finally, I sent a text that simply said, "See you at 7pm tomorrow, slut."

As I have noted on previous occasions, things often don't go according to plan. Follower types get frustrated and disappointed. They cannot see beyond their failed expectation. Leaders look for the opportunity. The phrase 'bring me opportunities not problems' has become so trite that followers actually steel themselves against looking for opportunities. The aphorism that entered common parlance has become self-defeating. Leaders see the truth in the cliché.

No comments:

Post a Comment