The journey


My subjects were a married, middle-aged couple, with two adult children. They danced to my tune, for my pleasure. Their lives changed and they were changed. This particular journey ended in the middle of August 2011.

I may chronicle another journey or regale you with my considerable wisdom but, for now at least, it is journey's end.

Sunday 22 May 2011

Every picture tells a story

The picture of Kim is interesting. It is a full length and looks as if it has been clipped from a group picture. She is smiling but looks uncomfortable. The smile is somewhat forced. She is wearing a cream dress, with what look like large navy spots. The dress doesn't suit her. The hemline is way too low: well below the knee. She is a good deal overweight but not grossly so. This is the image of a woman who does not like having her picture taken. She lacks self-confidence in her appearance. She is ideal.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous21:32

    Shall I wait to see what you are going to do with her before asking why she makes such an ideal candidate? Does the lack of self-confidence make it easier to bend someone to your will?

    ReplyDelete