The journey


My subjects were a married, middle-aged couple, with two adult children. They danced to my tune, for my pleasure. Their lives changed and they were changed. This particular journey ended in the middle of August 2011.

I may chronicle another journey or regale you with my considerable wisdom but, for now at least, it is journey's end.

Saturday 21 May 2011

Thank god for rugby

Thanks to the wonderful sport of rugby, I not only have a picture of Kim, I also have a very good idea of where she will be working, every morning, for all of next week. Can you feel me grinning?

John loves rugby and I can bluff it pretty well. It is a big rugby weekend in Europe, with two cup finals. John was only too pleased to talk to someone who agreed with everything he said. One objective was to find out roughly where Kim would be working next week. From previous conversations, I already knew that they lived in a small town in a certain county in the South East of England. Also, John had told me that "Kim sometimes "helps out in the cafe in the High Street." Now, I'm not sure whether he meant that its literally named "The High Street", which is not uncommon in England, or whether he used it as a general description. But, I reasoned, with the help of Google Maps and its streetview capability, I could have a good go at finding the location of the cafe if I knew their local station.

This was slightly tricky because he wanted to talk about the matches this weekend. I, however, had a reason for wanting delay that part of the conversation until later. So given that one of the matches is in the Welsh national stadium, I got the conversation round to the merits and  demerits of various national rugby stadia. Now one of the demerits of England's national stadium, Twickenham, is its awful location on the edge of town. I know John goes to there every year for the internationals, so I instituted a moan-in about the difficulty of getting there.

Bingo! John said something along the lines of "it's not too bad for me going as I am only twenty minutes from Waterloo on a fast train from my local station. But coming back is a bugger because it's usually outside peak times, so trains are more infrequent and I have to go to the main station. It's only a ten minute drive but I have to get a cab or ask Kim to collect me." That narrowed it down to one or two stations. Then I took a virtual walk with Mr. Google. I have four candidates where I think Kim may work.

So on to my second objective. I turned to the subject to sex and indulged John's fantasies with some adventures from my past and suggestions about some from his future. Knowing he was getting pretty horny, I suckered him into a bet on the result of yesterday's rugby match. If he picked the winning team, I would send him pictures and some video clips of some of my adventures. If he lost, he would send me a picture of Kim.

He lost and is, I have to report, an honourable man.

No comments:

Post a Comment